Return to School 2020
As the New York City Department of Education resumes in-person schooling this fall, most schools and early childhood programs will operate on a blended learning model. This means that each week, students will have some school days in person, and some school days remotely. Learning Bridges is a new program that will provide free child care options for children from 3-K through 8th grade on days when they are scheduled for remote learning.
If you are interested in the Learning Bridges program, please complete this survey.
For more information please: click here.
A Message from Mrs. McCann...
School Reopening Letter
Please see the attached letter with important information on what to expect when we return to school in September.
New York City Department of Education Reopening Plan
Return to School 2020 Back to School Pledge
Chancellor Carranza's Messages to Families (August 17, 2020)
CLICK HERE to see a letter from the Chancellor with this week's Reopening Update letter (dated August 17, 2020), which includes:
- The latest health and safety information, including on ventilation, school nurses, and testing and tracing in schools
- How to stay informed on confirmed COVID-19 cases in your school community
- How families can change their children’s learning preference to/from fully remote learning
- What happens if students attend school in-person on a day they are not scheduled to attend
- Supports for students with Individualized Education Programs
- Supports for students in temporary housing and foster care
For additional Information and previous messages to families from our Chancellor, please click here: Return to School 2020
NYC DOE AND P.S. 255 LEARNING PREFERENCE SURVEY
Friday, August 7th is the last day to complete the NYCDOE Learning Preference Survey.
Thank you to all of our families that have completed the PS 255 Planning Survey already!
If you have not completed our survey, it's not too late!
Below is a survey to help us gather information, while keeping your needs in mind. We ask that each family complete one survey as soon as possible.
For the blended learning option, the number of days students will be in school depends on how many families would like their children to have in-person instruction.
We will make every effort to have as many students in school as possible, while maintaining all safety guidelines.
PLEASE CLICK HERE: PS 255 Planning Survey